To SHRED or Not to SHRED in Ventura?
Once you allow information to leave your site—in the trash or in the hands of a Ventura recycling company—you’ve lost control.
You have put yourself and your company at risk.
Any kind of record—customer lists, inter-office memos, payroll information, and much more—could be used to compromise your organization’s security. In fact, under various privacy laws, if your personnel files or other types of records are disclosed to outside parties—even by accident—it could be grounds for a lawsuit.
Why Take a Chance? Shred it Completely with Ventura Shredding Service
- Personnel are trained and fully insured.
- Trucks are configured where you can personally witness the destruction of your confidential materials.
- You’ll receive a Certificate of Destruction upon completion of each visit.
Deciding what to shred can be a difficult task because, truth be told, there are a lot of documents you should consider shredding. We think there are a few you should pay particular attention to, however, and have listed them below:
- Payroll Journal
- Any Tax Documents
- Accounting Records
- Bank Statements
- Unused Checks
- Customer Lists
- Credit Card Statements and Receipt
- Procurement Requests
- Production Reports
- Proprietary Data
- Purchase Orders
- Supplier Lists
- Corporate Records
- Shipping & Receiving Reports
Documents Relating to Employees, Clients, Students, Etc.
- ID Cards & Badges
- Employment applications—both hired and not hired
- Document printed on Company Letterhead
- Training Manuals
- Any document containing employee personal information
- Insurance Information
- Student Records & Applications
- Medical Records
- Payroll Documents
- Medical records
- Medical benefit plans
- COBRA records
- Client Services Records
- OSHA logs
Legal Documents and Documentation
- Expired Contracts or Legal Documents
- Insurance Agency Records
- Legal Correspondence
- Drafts of Sales & Marketing Strategies
- Sales Reports
- Customer Lists
- Prospect Lists
- Accident reports
- Claims—made and settled
- Insurance policies
- Safety reports
Hard Drives and Electronic Media Devices
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices, including motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non volatile flash memory
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
Protect Your Private Information at Home and Work With Shredding Services!
It’s so easy to get shredding services at your Ventura home these days, there’s no reason you should not take these cautionary steps. At Ventura Shredding Service, we make it our top priority to provide you with flexible, affordable, and trustworthy services. Whether you’re looking for mobile shredding, off site shredding, or hard drive shredding, we’ll connect you with the right service that best suits your security interests. Request a free quote or give us a call at (805) 504-7839 to get started on your free quote today!