Hard Drive Destruction in Ventura
Did you know your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession? This must be done in order to be compliant with California and federal privacy laws.
That’s because it is not just paper that has sensitive information, and digital files are fully recoverable from an old hard drive, even if you’ve wiped the hard drive clean of your files.
Hard drive destruction ensures the complete protection of all electronic data. Today, society is continuing to shift to an online platform. Therefore, it is critical to know the importance of hard drive shredding. Over the year, valuable and confidential information was stored on the drive. Without proper destruction, the data can still be recovered.
There are mainly three reasons why hard drive shredding is a better solution.
- Security: there is a focus on keeping data secure through the whole process. The process complies with regulations, such as HIPAA, and maintaining clear form of confidentiality.
- Time Efficiency: the process focuses on your needs, so you can drop off your hard drives or, depending on local providers, simply have someone come pick them up.
- Cost: The entire process is easy and affordable. Most hard drive shredding services cost about $4-$12 per drive. The cost incurred go towards completely covering electronic assets.
Destroying the physical hard drive for good is the only way to ensure that your or your business’s data doesn’t end up in the wrong hands. But it’s not only the hard drive in your traditional desktop computer that is at risk.
Hard drives are hidden in many places in a home or office — each of them potentially having sensitive data stored in its memory. Commonly overlooked are scanners, fax machines, and printers, which can retain a copy of every digital file any of these devices have ever received.
Here’s a list of hidden hard drives you might have missed:
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Mobile devices—cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- PC hard drives
- Optical media—CDs and DVDs
- Memory cards—SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Biomedical devices
To be sure the information is destroyed there is no better way than to physically destroy the hard drive. Ventura Shredding Service can provide you with hard drive destruction options at your curbside or at a facility. The pieces are then melted down for metal recycling. This is absolute destruction.
Protect Yourself from a Data Breach—Enlist in a Hard Drive Destruction Service Today!
Failing to shred your old hard drives can result in severe repercussions. Data breaches often result in hundred of thousands of files being stolen, putting you and countless others at risk. The destruction of digital data can only be guaranteed through hard drive shredding. Let Ventura Shredding Service help protect your business, employees, and clients today!
Simply fill out the form on the left or give us a call at (805) 504-7839.